The party planning team consisted of my parents - Abuela & Grandpa (the hosts), Chris' parents - Grammie & Papa and Aunt Jen (the decor team), and good friends Lisa & Kim (the fabulous organizers). The shower was safari-themed which was wildly appropriate since one of our favorite world destinations is South Africa. Here are some pictures of the details:
- Fruit Platters & Pastry Baskets (the round ricotta fritters are to die for!)
- Zucchini and Feta Frittata
- Hazelnut Chocolate and Cherry Crespelle (crepes with NUTELLA, black cherries & bacon - YUM)
- Tuscan Kale Salad with Chicken-toasted farro & sharp pecorino romano
- Italian Panini-toasted with salami prosciutto, mortadella, and hot peppers
- Of course there were Bloody Mary's and Mimosas at the bar :)
There are many wonderful places to host a private party in Boston, but I really liked Cincquecento for a few reasons:
- Unique, hip atmosphere: The restaurant used to be an old factory and they preserved the exposed brick and beams, cast iron details, and large windows that let in in tons of light.
- Despite being in the South End, they have complimentary PARKING for guests. This is huge as it's usually difficult to find a spot for one car, let alone a whole party of people in this neighborhood. The attendant at the parking lot was extra sweet, saving a couple of rows in the lot for our guests.
- The private room is on a separate floor from the main dining room which makes it really private. It's also close the bathroom - a bonus for us pregnant ladies.
- Have I mentioned the tasty food?
Here are a few snaps from the party:
Eva & Chris